Lwoods4's Blog

The last few days

Posted on: March 26, 2011

On Friday, we skipped the running and did some abs in the morning.  We went to the breakfast place we liked and had eggs instead of pancakes this time.  I had eggs over easy with toast and bacon.  Kiersten got a breakfast sandwich with pecans and bananas on the side.  It looked sooo good! Breakfast was amazing as always.  It was a little colder on Friday so we skipped the beach and did some shopping instead. We went to a lot of the surf and souvenir shops and wandered around for a while.  Kiersten got T shirts  for herself and her sister. I had a harder time picking out what I wanted.  I ended up getting an over sized sweatshirt type thing with a screen print of Myrtle Beach, S.C. on it with a bird that looks like the Hollister bird! Kiersten and I thought there might be some kind of trademark laws, but the bird in those shops looked exactly like the one Hollister uses.  So weird!  Anyway, we kept going after I decided not to get shorts at that shop.  We had just about finished and were ready for some New York style pizza when I saw one more shop I wanted to check out.  I saw some bathing suits I really liked.  They were a little expensive, but I decided to try some on anyway.  After excessive trying on, I decided to get a colorful top with a racer back and not the bottom.  I thought the crazy bottom was a little too much and I like it better with a black bottom.  I also got another screen printed fitted T.  Kiersten was talking to one of the employees while I was making decisions since I am a slow shopper and had a friend by the time we finally left.  We hit the arcade one last time and turned in our tickets when we were done playing! Kiersten got a mug for her mom and gave some of her left over tickets to me. I got a teddy bear, a shot glass for a friend, a sticky hand, and a Laffy Taffy! After picking out our prizes we went out for pizza.  It was not exactly New York style, but it was still good. We went back to the hotel and hung out for a little while since it was a little chilly for the beach.  We watched the new episodes of Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice.  After some relaxing, we went to Pier 14 again for dinner.  It was our 3rd trip in 2 days! We decided to split 3 appetizers; crab dip, shrimp cocktail, and shark bites.  The shark bites were actually white fish and were a little on the spicy side.  It was all very good and we left very full!  We finally decided to stop by Sharkey’s on the way back to our hotel.  We had walked by it so many times so we wanted to see what it was like.  We were sitting down for about 5 minutes when 2 guys came up to us and asked if we were drinking alone.  We weren’t sure how to answer so we said yes? One of the guys looked like the one who waved to us when we walked by on our way to Pier 14.  I told Kiersten about it when they went to get drinks and when he came back he said something like, “Hey were you guys the ones I waved to?” We hung out for a while at the bar.   There was a group of guys in the Marines and a few girls with them.  We were introduced to the girls and had a few drinks with them.  We finally left around 11:30 and went to bed.  We got up at 8 this morning because Max was comping up for breakfast.  I had to sit on my suitcase to get it to close!  I was impressed that I was able to fit everything and more into it than what I came with. We were ready a little after 9 which is when I told Max we’d be ready.  We met him downstairs and had a hard time getting our suitcases in his little trunk.  We went to look at the ocean one last time and went to our favorite breakfast place again.  Kiersten and I ordered the chocolate chip and banana pancakes again! They were just as good as the first time!  We hung out for a while because we had time to kill before heading to the airport. It was good to see Max and catch up a little.  It was very nice of him to take us to the airport, even if Kiersten was a little cramped in the back seat. Kiersten and I were both very sad to leave Myrtle Beach!  It was a rude awakening stepping outside in 30 degree weather when we had been in 70s and 80s all week.

I took a 2 hours nap already and the Disney Channel has been on for about an hour.  I’m very tired!  I finish moving out of my apartment tomorrow and start with the White Sox on Monday!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


  • None
  • BFF: LOVE this post. The third picture is my favorite and really resonates with me. Instead of comparing our lives to those of others, we should be immense
  • Cindy Friesen: Im so glad you are having fun! I cant wait to see pictures! Have you had a Paini yet or a Crepe?! How about Tapas and Paella? Or Sangria!!!! Are you g
  • Kiersten Trillhaase: You can have this AND a Mastiff or Great Dane, but you cannot choose it over the other dogs- I will not let you. P.S. Love the post about skyping


%d bloggers like this: