Lwoods4's Blog

White Sox

Posted on: April 1, 2011

I haven’t updated this all week because I’ve been busy working 9-5 with the White Sox! I came home from vacation on Saturday, finished moving out Sunday and started a new job on Monday.  It’s been exhausting, but I learned a lot my first week. I created the drop in schedule for the month of April.  Drop in’s are when the announcers say things like, “Bring your group or party to the next White Sox game! Call 866—- or visit whitesox.com.” I rotate events in with things like the White Sox Black List or Pride Club. We had a viewing party yesterday to watch their first game.  It was in Cleveland so no one had to work it. We had hot dogs, nachos, sandwiches, chips, and salad for lunch and watched the game. I didn’t actually get to see much of the game because I had my back to it and I was trying to make friends. I did get to see one graphic of a drop in, the “dog day” logo. It was pretty cool, but I wish I would have seen more! The White Sox won!  There’s a game today so I’m going to try to watch it and point out the drop ins I wrote. Besides doing drop ins until my eyes were basically bleeding, I also talked to someone about ads on TV inside the ball park during the games, changed my outgoing voicemail messages, tried to make friends, took calls about people who won jerseys in text to win contests and hadn’t heard anything, and enjoyed lunch! We get gourmet meals for free for lunch. Monday was steak and potatoes, Tuesday was veal parmesan, Wednesday was beef sandwiches and french fries and Thursday was chicken and rice. Friday we had ball park lunch in the Stadium Club while we watched the game.  I am not used to eating like this! I am used to peanut butter and jelly or toast and Nutella for lunch, maybe buttered noodles if I am feeling adventurous, not huge meals like this! I can already feel my pants getting tighter! Everyone is really nice, I just feel bad for not knowing their names. It has been one crazy week! I also went to my apartment for the last time to clean and I left my keys behind. I took the train to the city on Monday and then walked to the red line at Munroe.  I did the same thing on the way back that day. It was so exhausting! It was nice because I could sit down and relax, but I was cold walking there.  Driving is rough, too though. I sat in traffic for an hour and a half on the way home yesterday.  I slept on 2 couches this week: my sister’s and Kiersten’s.  It’s been interesting!

I have so much to do this weekend at home: go through and organize and clean my room, work out, get an oil change, make a scrap book for my grandpa, go see him in the hospital, buy new clothes.. sooo busy!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


  • None
  • BFF: LOVE this post. The third picture is my favorite and really resonates with me. Instead of comparing our lives to those of others, we should be immense
  • Cindy Friesen: Im so glad you are having fun! I cant wait to see pictures! Have you had a Paini yet or a Crepe?! How about Tapas and Paella? Or Sangria!!!! Are you g
  • Kiersten Trillhaase: You can have this AND a Mastiff or Great Dane, but you cannot choose it over the other dogs- I will not let you. P.S. Love the post about skyping


%d bloggers like this: