Lwoods4's Blog


Posted on: January 29, 2012

Friday night was the bridal fashion show at Underground! It was very nerve racking! I got there just before my call time at 6.  I got my hair done first which was a simple curly style.   I had a center part with both sides pinned back.  I then went to make up, which was done in 10 minutes flat.  Its weird having someone else work on your face, but it looked really good.  I was done with hair and makeup at 7pm and basically sat around until 9.  They had “food” which consisted of mini grilled cheese sandwiches.  I had 1.  It was definitely not enough food! I tried to read a little, but everything was pretty hectic so that didn’t work too well.  I was in the first group of girls out on stage so I got in my dress around 9.  The picture the girl who organized the whole thing sent didnt do my dress justice! It was actually a beautiful dress.  It was a Jasmine wedding gown, which is the same designer I wore for my comp card shoot almost a year ago now.  It was too big, so we had to pin it.  Mao used binder clips, but Ricardo saved the day and started pinning things to my bra so it was less obvious. We took photos once we were in our dresses.  I tanked the photo shoot.  I didn’t know what to do with my hands and face! I mostly smiled too which I didn’t think I was supposed to.  I’ll post one of those when I get them.  I will venture to say that I was not the worst person when it came to taking pictures.  There were girls that were WAY better than me and a few that looked a little more confused than I was.  After everyone got through photos, we lined up in the hallway because it was almost 11! Kiersten got there at 9 and was alone until 11:30 when I took my dress off and found her! I felt terrible that she was alone, but I couldn’t find anyone else to go!  I also thought I would be able to see her before the show, but I couldn’t.  I was so nervous right before we went out! We had to change the location of the runway a few times and we had never practiced on the actual runway.  I think I looked down too much! I probably walked too fast too! I did lame poses at the end of each walkway.  Oh man, I was terrible.  The stairs to the runway were big stairs.  I thought I’d be able to walk up them regularly, but with all that dress and train, I had to take them one at a time, left right, left right on the same step! I could feel my legs shaking I was so nervous.  I could hear Kiersten screaming and that made me laugh.  Luckily, Ricardo gave me a hand down or I would have had a really hard time coming down the steps!  I got to relax for a little bit and then we were up again for the finale! The back of my dress was stuck in my shoe!  It didn’t trip me, though. I just had to kick the dress a little.  During the finale, a bunch of people were on the runway at the same time instead of just one at a time during the show.  I had to figure out when to let someone go down the stairs and when I should go up! It was hard to not step on any dresses.  After we got backstage again, everyone stripped and changed back into street clothes.  It was hot back there! Temperature wise.  Some girls took their hair out and put on little dresses to hang out after.  I didn’t bring any other clothes to go out in and I knew I had to work the next day so Kiersten and I just went back to her apartment.  Here’s some pictures!

I’m working a trade show this weekend. It is a tourism/travel show, which is right up my alley! I am in the Budget Travel Magazine booth. The guy running the show, Stuart, is an interesting character.  He told me to call him Stewie, talked about being late on child support payments, disappeared for 4 hours and then took a picture with me and Stephanie, the other promotional model, to show his parole officer that he really did go to work.  If sleeping for 4 hours of a 6 hour job counts as working, sign me up! I have to go back today, but its only 11-3.

Last night was girls night with some girls from Marie’s wedding!  We had plans to go to Longman and Eagle, but it was packed, so we ended up at a sushi place around the corner. It was good! It was really fun to see those girls.  I don’t usually hang out with them so it was nice to do something different.  Jane’s friend was playing in a Chinese lunar celebration at Northwestern so we went to that after dinner.  I was a little skeptical, but I thought I could handle being there again.  Turns out I was terribly wrong.  It was tough to be there and not see the person that I used to be there for.  Really tough.  But hey, I am fed up with that situation and have decided not to waste any more time in that category.  Nikki and I talked all the way home.

Today its back to the trade show and then I’m meeting my sister at my grandma’s for dinner.  We talked about going to see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close after, but I might be too exhausted!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


  • BFF: LOVE this post. The third picture is my favorite and really resonates with me. Instead of comparing our lives to those of others, we should be immense
  • Cindy Friesen: Im so glad you are having fun! I cant wait to see pictures! Have you had a Paini yet or a Crepe?! How about Tapas and Paella? Or Sangria!!!! Are you g
  • Kiersten Trillhaase: You can have this AND a Mastiff or Great Dane, but you cannot choose it over the other dogs- I will not let you. P.S. Love the post about skyping


%d bloggers like this: