Lwoods4's Blog

St. Patrick’s Day

Posted on: March 19, 2012

Please excuse the typos or random capitalizations that may appear in this post. I’m updating this from the train. Theresa’s last day was Friday and Darla is out all week so I’m going to be swamped at work. Anyway, on Thursday, I met Kiersten for drinks at Townhouse. It was hard to find because it is in the Wacker construction zone. I wandered around for a while before I spotted someone in a tshirt with their name on it. I followed him and wa la found the restaurant! I had a martini while I waited for Kiersten to find the place. It was something to do with lavender but tasted like lemonade. It was alright. Kiersten and I split margherita flatbread and sweet potato fries. My friend Melissa also joined us. Townhouse was a cool place and we sat outside which was really nice! It was a fun time. I took the 7:30 train home. I missed Grey’s and Private Practice, but that’s ok.  On Friday, all I wanted to do after work was go for a run outside. I caught the 5:16 so I would get home a little early. However, at 5:17, there was a “pedestrian incident” at Arlington Heights. My train pulled up to Des Plaines and people could either get off there or wait on the train for however long it took to clean up the accident. I got off at Des Plaines.  My dad was going to pick me up, but on his way there, he got rear ended. I went to Panera and sat around for about an hour and a half before he got there. When I got home, it was too dark to run outside and my dad was talking on the phone where the treadmill was so I still couldn’t run! I worked out as best as I could and went to bed. I woke up at 5:15 am on Saturday. Audelynn was at my house around 6:10 am. We got to the train station a little early so we got coffee. There were a lot of people on the train! I was surprised, but a lot of people had the same idea as us. We got off at Clybourn and took a cab to Kiersten’s. We got there about 20 minutes early. I curled Audelynn’s hair while Kiersten got ready, then we each decided what to wear. We left Kiersten’s around 8:30, stopped for alcohol, then went to Kappy’s. Apparently we missed the pancake part of the morning. This was our first mistake. None of us ate breakfast before we decided to drink. We stayed at Kappy’s for about 3 hours. During that time, a lot of wine, green beer, and friendship juice was consumed between the 3 of us. The “friendship juice” was amazing. It was lemonade powder, vodka, and frozen strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries (maybe some water?). I need to take a time out because my train is pulling into the station. I also must get coffee before I enter the office or I doubt I’ll get to leave again. More to come!

Ok so after hanging out at Kappy’s for a while, we left for Barleycorn, probably around noon or so.  I dislike Barleycorn because a guy made me cry on my birthday there. I think it was my 21st. Serious drama.  Anyway, I don’t really like the place, but I didn’t have much say in the matter so we were off to Barleycorn.  I remember that Kappy held my purse because it was impeding my hand holding with the rest of the group and he was on the end.  I also remember beating Kappy at rock, paper, scissors, but I don’t know what was at stake.  Maybe it was the pineapple upside down shots he bought. Those were really good!  We stayed there for about 2 hours, maybe a little longer.  Kiersten and I did some cartwheels and I took some funny pictures of Maria, Kiersten, and Kappy doing the Charlie’s Angels pose.  Around 3, we left for State to get lunch.  If you can’t already tell, I pretty much had no idea what time it was during the day.  It was the first time any of has had eaten all day. Some guy from Iowa wearing a Boondock Saints shirt came over and talked to Kiersten and Audelynn.  I tuned him out.  After sitting down, I realized how incredibly tired I was and decided that nap time must be next, which also probably wasn’t a good idea.  We went back to Kiersten’s and put on Boondock Saints.  All 3 of us fell asleep almost immediately.  I woke up just in time to see the end.  We put in Inception next.  It was almost 7 at that point so I ordered pizza.  Kiersten went to meet some friends, but we didn’t go with.  Pizza was probably another bad idea.  I started feeling sick after that.  I missed most of our 3rd movie, Valentine’s Day, because I was in the bathroom.  I finally fell asleep around 10:30 and stayed in the same position all night because I was afraid that moving would upset my stomach again.  All in all, St. Patrick’s Day was fun, but also kind of rough. I am definitely taking it easier next year! Audelynn and I went to Billy’s for breakfast after we got back to Palatine.  I was planning on taking a nap before my family was going to see Riverdance, but I didn’t have time! I showered ad we turned around and left.  I fell asleep in the car.  We were pretty early for the show.  It was at Oriental Theater, where Wicked was for a long time.  Riverdance was good.  There were a lot of instrumental solos along with dance.  They tried to weave everything together with a story, but it made things more confusing.  I think they should have just done a bunch of different dancing numbers.  The girl who played the fiddle was really good! The people behind us knew her.  They kept talking about meeting up with her after the show and everything.  I liked when all the dancers were on stage together in one line.  It was sweet to see all their feet moving at the same time!  There was also a part when the street performers had a kind of dance off with the Irish dancers.  It was funny to see them make fun of each other’s style of dancing.

After Riverdance, we drove back to the suburbs and went to Olive Garden for dinner.  My sister wanted to be home to watch the Kansas game and we were having the usual city problem of everything closing early or just not being open on Sundays.  We dropped my sister off and got home around 7:15 pm.  I opened my Birch Box which had been sitting around for a few days when I got home.  I got a new perfume sample, some hair concoction, stick on eye liner for a cat eye, nail polish removing strips, and I can’t remember what else.  I like when I get perfume samples. I keep them in my purse. I pretty much went to bed after that. I was exhausted!  This weekend went by so fast!  I need to go to the library very badly.  I am reading the psychology of love book, but I just can’t get into it.  Its kind of boring and is more like a history.  I’ve been doing word searches and playing games on my phone on the train.  I seriously need some new reading material.  The Hunger Games comes out next weekend! I can’t wait to go see it.  I might have to go after Mark’s wedding, though.  I am the only cousin besides my 2 cousins who are in the wedding not bringing a date.  I feel like a loser! I’ll put a few pictures from Saturday on here when I get around to uploading them.  I slept for almost 12 hours last night and I feel like I could do the same again tonight.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


  • None
  • BFF: LOVE this post. The third picture is my favorite and really resonates with me. Instead of comparing our lives to those of others, we should be immense
  • Cindy Friesen: Im so glad you are having fun! I cant wait to see pictures! Have you had a Paini yet or a Crepe?! How about Tapas and Paella? Or Sangria!!!! Are you g
  • Kiersten Trillhaase: You can have this AND a Mastiff or Great Dane, but you cannot choose it over the other dogs- I will not let you. P.S. Love the post about skyping


%d bloggers like this: