Lwoods4's Blog

Posted on: October 8, 2012

Wow, its been a long time! Since the last post, here’s what I’ve been up to:

  • Went to a Notre Dame game
  • Worked a trade show in a white tail tuxedo
  • Went to a wedding
  • Went to a Fire Game
  • Saw Florida Georgia Line at Joe’s Bar
  • Celebrated Kiersten’s birthday
  • Went to Milwaukee to celebrate my birthday

Kit and I drove to Notre Dame a few weeks ago. We got there pretty early.  I got us lost looking for the bookstore! We wandered around the campus for a good hour and I asked at least 4 people where the bookstore was on top of calling my dad a few times.  On the plus side, we saw Touchdown Jesus, the band play before the game, and had lunch for $1 each, so it wasn’t all bad.  The game was fun! ND beat Purdue.  Here is a picture from the game!


The next week, I worked the IMTS (International Manufacturing Technology Show) at McCormick Place from Monday to Saturday.  The days were looong!  We worked from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. with an hour break for lunch and two 15 minute breaks.  The first day, I wasted one of my 15 minutes waiting in line at Starbucks! I didn’t even get a drink. It was annoying. Then I got smart and realized there was another one downstairs with a much shorter line. There were 4 girls total.  One of the originals dropped out after the first day because it was so exhausting. We were supposed to be wearing white high heels, but that gradually died as the week went on. I bought 4 inch heels! I don’t know what I was thinking. One of the girls let me borrow her flats before I had a chance to go get my own. She was a size 11 and I wear an 8.5 so it was a little ridiculous! I had a minor stalker incident, a few sore muscles, and some blisters by the end of the week.  The guys from Mazak were really nice and the other girls were cool too!



This was my survival kit! Coffee, band-aids for blisters, ibuprofen, and safety pins to hold my pants up.

On Saturday, I took my hour lunch break at 5 and left early to rush to a wedding out in Elmhurst with Kit and Lindsay.  I wore the dress that is in the previous post.  I was tired, but the wedding was really fun! I got up super early that day to curl my hair. I don’t have any pictures from the wedding because I lost yet another camera.  Lindsay took a few, but I haven’t seen them. I’ll ask her for them again.  The following weekend, Kit and I went to a Chicago Fire soccer game with his coworker and his wife. It was cold! I wore my winter coat though so it wasn’t too bad. The game was fun! They beat Columbus Crew 2-1.  The weekend after that, we all went to see Florida Georgia Line at Joe’s on Weed Street.  I walked toward Michigan Avenue after work and met Lindsay and Dave outside Giordano’s where we picked up a pizza then went back to the hotel. We were staying at the Red Roof Inn because the Ryder Cup was in town and hotels were full. We hung out in the hotel room for a little while and then hopped in a cab. It was the scariest cab ride of my life! The driver was from Mongolia and was studying architecture.  He should be studying how to drive a car! We almost hit 2 buses and were going 60 miles an hour in between red lights. It was crazy! I am amazed we got out alive.  I’d never been to Joe’s before. I thought it was pretty big! The concert venue was in the back.  The warm up act was pretty good.  They all had long, nasty hair though. The concert was packed! It was fun. Florida Georgia Line was really good! They played for a long time and did a few fun songs that everyone knew.  After the concert, we went to Benchmark and then Detention, where Dave’s friend is a bartender. It was a fun night! Here are some pictures from the concert!

The next night I was in the city again to celebrate Kiersten’s birthday. I met everyone at Public House. I stayed for a little while then headed home. It was fun! Kiersten and I also celebrated both our birthdays at Cooper’s Hawk the following week. Lots of birthdays! Kit and I went up to Milwaukee for mine.  We got up there around 6 since I got to leave work a little early.  We were staying at the Pfister Hotel.  It was gorgeous!  We had a drink on the 23rd floor of the hotel. The view was really cool! Then we went out to dinner at Louise’s, an Italian place.  It was fun! We ate around 9:30 and I was super tired, but we went to another bar after that.  We were back in the hotel by 11! Guess 24 turned me into an old lady! On Saturday, my sister and her boyfriend came over and we all watched the Notre Dame game with my parents. We had pizza and played bags. It was a fun birthday party and ND won! Then it was back to Yorkville where we sat outside by the fire with Dave and Lindsay for a while. Yesterday we had another family party and my cousin announced that his wife is pregnant! What a busy weekend! Time is flying!

This morning, the belt loop of my pants got stuck in the front door and ripped so I am wearing the ugliest khakis ever. It’s Monday. I need some work pants that actually fit.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


  • None
  • BFF: LOVE this post. The third picture is my favorite and really resonates with me. Instead of comparing our lives to those of others, we should be immense
  • Cindy Friesen: Im so glad you are having fun! I cant wait to see pictures! Have you had a Paini yet or a Crepe?! How about Tapas and Paella? Or Sangria!!!! Are you g
  • Kiersten Trillhaase: You can have this AND a Mastiff or Great Dane, but you cannot choose it over the other dogs- I will not let you. P.S. Love the post about skyping


%d bloggers like this: